Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2019 Goals - Word Up

This past year I was smart enough to realize that my life would be taking a different turn since I'm married to Bruce. I wanted to be free to change and go with the flow of being married to someone different.  Someone with different ideas of having fun.  It's been a wonderful year.  I was ready to change and not be concerned about quilting.

I wanted to get back into needlework -  which I didn't do until the end of year. But Hey, I finally did! 
And I love that I'm teaching my girls to embroider. 

I did finish my one quilt. And I really enjoyed it. So that's good.
Neptune - Killer of all stuffed Teddy Bears

Neptune in fabric form
My goal for last year was to just relax and enjoy life.  That took the turn of  many pool parties, learning to cook for a new husband, letting my little darling daughter go as she left for a new adventure in Colorado, and healing a bit more from the passing of Mark.  

My Word Up for 2018 was Surrender.  I did want to surrender myself to God, to being married to Bruce, to living my life in a relaxed manner. 


This year - my Word Up is 
huh, I don't have one yet.  I'll get back to this.


So this year, my goals in life will be:
1.  Finish just one more quilt.
Yep that's not much - but I want to enjoy it. Not be a work horse.  
Marzipan knows how to have fun on a quilt. 
2.  Finish the Bucilla Stocking for Bruce.  This is fun, fun, fun.  I love it.
   3. Save money so that we can buy a Motor-home/Travel Trailer. That means no spending. (Bummer!) But I can make gifts and that will be a blast!

4.  Continue to purge and organize the house.  It's so much better, but it needs some work.  I'm thinking that linen closet should be first on the list.

DELIGHT - That's my Word Up!

That's it!  That's my word for the year.  I want to delight in the Lord, delight in my new husband and life, delight in the girls having their own lives, delight in the crafts that I do, delight in caring for my home, in cooking and cleaning. And delight in everyday life, no matter what comes my way.

My Sister Cindy and Me - Delighted to be with each other.
DELIGHT
 I want to take pleasure in what God has given me, to appreciate it, revel in His goodness, to relish and savor the gifts He has given me. To Adore Him.  And to show the same love God has shown me, to others, and delight in that love.

And with that, I'm delighted that I have all of you to listen to, pray for and share your concerns.  And share our love of quilting and sewing.

Happy and Delightful Stitching,
Linda



6 comments:

  1. I love your word--how delightful it is!! I had a hard time with mine (think it will be "Fun"-as I feel I haven't had much fun in awhile--at least over a year--will go into more detail soon on the post--thanks for you comments--
    love, diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think DeLiGHT is a wonderful word for 2019.
    Good luck throughout this year... xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome word,lovely post Happy New Year my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think that's a fantastic word, and I wish you a year FILLED with delight, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Delight"....such a wonderful word....encompassing every moment of our days. It sounds as if you are going to enjoy the best year, Linda. Wonderful! Love the idea of buying a motor home and travelling that glorious country of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delight is a wonderful word for the year. I wish you a delightful year, filled with much delight. And I love your fabric version of Neptune! x

    ReplyDelete