Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

It's Official! We are empty-nesters!

So today is the BIG day - Moving Day.
My daughter Serena left at 5 am and is moving to Denver. Stephen, her boyfriend from Denver, came for Christmas, and to help her drive back.  He helped her pack and get her car ready for the long drive. He's such a keeper!  And he also found a room for her to rent. See?!  I told you he's a keeper! She has already transferred her job there. So I think this is a good thing.

The not so good thing is that I'm going to miss her.

Before she left I did start teaching her to embroider.
  Do you see little Marzipan in there?  She's always on our laps - she's not scared of needles!

I think this this picture sums up Christmas.
I'm very lucky to have a wonderful family that could come for Christmas.  As soon as my daughter Angela showed up - she headed straight for the stove and started cooking.  We all hang out there and help. 
 And sneak snacks as we help. 

 We play lots of games - and new one this year is "Tiny Hands"
You have to do a variety of things like golfing with an ink pen using these "teeny tiny" fake hands. 
Serena thought she would use them to hold her boyfriend, Stephen's face.
I'm terrible about taking pictures - BUT I did remember to get one of Bruce and me in front of the tree.  
As you can see I darken up my hair - I was so tired of that blonde.  It will lighten up again come pool time.


So now we are empty-nesters. (What ever will we do with our time? hehehe)  

Happy Stitching,
Linda


4 comments:

  1. I always forget to take pictures too. My sons-in-law were the ones who were helpful in the kitchen this year. Enjoy that empty nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plan something fun right now! After all the build-up to Christmas, it might seem especially lonely with Serena gone. But somehow I think you'll do just fine. Love the family pics, especially the one of you and Bruce. You look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - enjoy your empty nest, hon, I know you'll miss her so much but you and Bruce can just enjoy! You two look so happy, and I'm so happy you found each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful Christmas. Good luck to Serena and her new adventures in Denver x

    ReplyDelete