Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Getting Ready for Christmas


Now that Bruce is in the family - he has to have a stocking!

First thing out of his mouth:  I don't like felt stockings.
Me thinking:  Good! I don't have to make you a Bucilla Stocking.  I'll just buy some dumb stocking at the store.

Then he saw our felt Bucilla Stockings, and saw that EVERYONE in our family has one.

He changed his mind real quick!

So he picked out Santa's Workshop.
And I got to working on it. And I'm so HAPPY as I love working on these stockings! I love to sew on those sequins!

He was shocked it didn't come already made.
I sorted the embroidery floss. 
Sewed on some sequins and the window plane with snow.
 I sat up my little cozy corner - which is so good the doggies try to take it over.
I've been working on it every night.
It will not be ready for Christmas - but that's okay.

I'm so loving that we have a large Christmas Tree this year.
It's so much fun.

I like that I can see the tree in the mirror.
If you notice there is a plain stocking for Bruce for this year.  
Bruce accidentally gave away all his Christmas decorations when he moved in with me.  Except for this Angel which he has had for over 35 years.
I'm so glad he has it. 
 And lucky me that I really like her.
I also hung up my little Christmas Tree Quilt.
 I'm doing good, still working on the cross-stitch. 
 So are you ready for Christmas?  Almost?  That's good enough.
You still have a couple more days.

Last thought for this post:
The reason for our celebrating Christmas.

 Happy Stitching,
Linda

4 comments:

  1. Wow - what a gorgeous tree! And double wow that you make those stockings! I'm impressed, and I'm actually glad that Bruce decided he wanted one. How nice that you have his angel, and you're able to combine traditions, as well as start new ones. Merry Christmas, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tree! His stocking will be a good addition next year. Those Brucilla stockings and ornaments are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is gorgeous, Linda and with Bruce's angel looking down at you all from on high it is perfect. The Bucilla stocking is going to look lovely when finished. May you and yours have a most wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your christmas tree quilt is lovely. I'm glad Bruce wanted a stocking in the end - the Bucilla stockings look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete