Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

Inside the Green Bag

Well, since I had so much fun with the stocking, I want to continue doing some hand embroidery.

And I know just where to go.

The Green Bag
Yes, it's been years since I looked in this green bag. 

But I knew I wanted to go right to it and get started on my next project.

I sorted out the scraps of fabric and floss and paper patterns to find
Val Laird's BOM. 
I do not even remember how many years ago I started this.

I found the next one to work on.
So this will be my project for the month of February. (Unless I finish it before - then I'll pick something else.)
Of course, after this much time I don't remember how to do needle turn applique. I'll have to figure it out or Youtube it.  Or maybe try that method where you sew around and then turn it inside out.  

Happiness is finding and working on the next block.  

Happy Stitching,
Linda


5 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the little green bag. We all have something similar, I'm sure. You found a pretty project to work on! I've done some of Val's, but I don't think I did that one. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There for a minute I thought maybe you had another stocking in that little green bag to pull out and finish!!!! I remember doing that quilt of Val's--not sure if it is in my collection to keep or if it has found a new home with my couple of moves--
    luv,di

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I have mine long time awaited projects in boxes and hope to finish a few this year.
    Your BOM blocks are pretty enjoy working on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda such beautiful work,glad you found these blocks they are so pretty,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa.... your awesome at embroider! Holy cow!!!

    ReplyDelete