Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Should I use the Poppy Print?

I did some shopping and here's what I found.
I know Serena loves Poppies - but I wasn't sure about having this floral on the back of a more modern quilt.
I don't really think so.  Do you think is goes?

 I also found this butterfly fabric.  But no. There is not enough available. 


I saw this one too - Not enough fabric.  

Then I found these dots! Perfect.  But oh dear, I remember that Serena doesn't  like dots. 

So that's why I didn't complete #3 on my deadline list.

As for the Stupid Turtle quilt... I got it out. Didn't know what to do and threw it back in the closet.  Okay, I folded it neatly and placed it on the top shelf. So #1 not completed on my deadline list.

As for the backing for the Doggie quilt - I saw some cute stuff - but I was focusing on Serena's.  So #2 on the deadline list was a fail also.

Now I'm not discouraged - that I failed on all three items to be completed.  I'm still very focused on getting the backing for Serena's quilt.  

Let me know what you think, use the poppy fabric?  Or keep searching?

Happy Stitching,
Linda

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Poppy fabric. As for being the backing of Serena's modern quilt, I don't know. I suppose those in the know would prefer a more modern backing....but then, I am not really a modern quilt gal. Sorry, not much help am I. I would wax lyrically if the gorgeous poppy fabric was dancing on one of my quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably use the poppy fabric and just have a binding that coordinates with both - but I like having funky backing that doesn't always go with the front! If Serena loves poppies, it would be good to use them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use the poppies! If she loves poppies, then she'll have a choice of which side to use, depending on her mood. Although the dots are a better match, if she doesn't like dots I wouldn't do it. But....how can someone NOT like dots???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all about breaking "rules" Go for the poppies she loves!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the poppies could be a fun surprise on the back. The dot might be a fun binding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shame she doesn't like the dots as that's the perfect backing. personally I wouldn't use the poppies BUT seams I'm the only one that thinks sew. LOL....I'm always the different one.....

    ReplyDelete