Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Making Little X's

I can't get my old projects completed so I started a new one!

Wait until you see it and then you will know why.  
This is sew exciting and I can't wait to tell you.

Sandy over at Loves to Stitch posted about a cross-stitch that her cousin Vonda made for her (Post & picture is right here)
 Well I love it and she was kind enough to help me with the pattern.


She also sent me some notes that she had made.
 What is really cool is that it didn't come with floss (or fabric) and I had to pick out all my own. I changed up a few of the colors but for the most part I used the ones she had listed. 

Now I already know I'm not good with cross-stitch.  I lose my place all the time and make little x's in the wrong place.  But I'm going to give it another try.

I've blocked off this section to start with. 
 Any helpful hints or suggestions that you can give me I'll take!

Thank you so much Sandy and Vonda!!

Happy Stitching,
Linda



9 comments:

  1. That is one of the best x-stitch designs I’ve seen in a long time. I have a small x-stitch piece I’ve been working on slowly for a couple of years and this makes me think I need to get it out again to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that design--so very country!!! I use alot of pencil markings on my patterns--and one of the things I like to do is put a pencil line through a row when finished--it does help me keep a better line --and the pencil erases when done and you want to pass the pattern on!!
    enjoy, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cross stitch design is darling. I just know you will do a fabulous job stitching this. Di's (above) suggestions sound like the way go. Happy cross stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I've loved cross stitch for years. I usually have at least one in progress, but I don't work on it very much. Thanks for the reminder - I need to pull mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pattern. I haven't done any cross stitch since I started quilting. I used to photo copy the pattern. as I complete each color/row I highlight it with a marker - I also like to use a magnet board. I also grid the fabric with a contrasting thread. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS a cute pattern. I hope you post your grogress.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous pattern. I also have a cross stitch tucked away I must work on again....Always start mine in the centre and mark each stitch off as I go with a pencil...
    Enjoy !
    😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely piece! I'm enjoying the colours you have already chosen for it too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is darling!!! You're going to have so much fun with that!

    ReplyDelete