Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

I've got nothing

I've got nothing to show for this week.  No quilting pictures anyway.

I go walking each day at work and it's a pretty boring walk.  This is my usual view.
 
Although I really like the way the sun made those light lines on the picture. Don't you?
Today, when I was walking I noticed this tree.
How pretty is that?  What a joy!
And I noticed these pretty flowers that have bloomed. There's always something lovely if we just look for it.

I finished up the blue border on the Flying geese quilt.

 And I would like to do big ol feathers around the largest border.  I thought I could use a bit of help.  I ordered these books from Amazon.
Picture from Amazon.com
I saw it advertised in one of my old Quilting magazines.  I'm hoping it will contain some useful information. 
I also bought Infinite Feathers - (the book not the CD)
This picture also from Amazon.com
So I'm kind of waiting for them to come in and then I'll finish up that quilt.

In the meanwhile, I've been wanting to start a new project.  Isn't that the way it goes?  I ought to finish up one of these that I have going, and instead I'm dreaming of new things.  

So I have three choices:

1)  Jump on the hexie band wagon.

2)  Continue working on one of my UFO's.  Like the one I started with the Stay at Home Round Robin. 


3)  Start this cute wall hanging quilt I found in Quiltmaker March/April 2010












I know if I ask Mark - he'll say finish up one of my old projects.  What do you think? Which should I chose?

Happy Stitching,
Nicey Linda

11 comments:

  1. How about a granny square? I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weel,let's see. You can start making hexies, and just do one or two a week. If you work on your SAHR, maybe you could motivate me to finish mine? And I love the wall hanging pattern. So I say: do them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if it were me, I'd have to admit that I'd start a new project. My inspiration floats around like a canoe and I have to follow it. :)Do whatever sounds fun and makes you smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Petit Jardin would be a great new project. Of course, you could always take a break from it and make some hexies!

    You have made great progress on your flying geese quilt.

    I agree--we can always find something lovely when we look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a class with Anita Shackelford a few years ago and purchased the Infinite Feathers book and template. It was a good class and the feather template would be helpful if I would just use it. I've been thinking about the Pepper Cory book. Sometimes, marking the quilt is every bit as challenging as machine quilting. Let us know what you think when you've had a chance to review it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could work on both new and old projects. Multitasking keeps the boredom away. Of course it probably contributes to the number of UFO that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know me, I'm always willing to start a new project. Seems like you deserve it! I really want to learn to get good at feathers, too. Let me know how you like those books. I am interested in them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am in just the same position as you, I really want to start something new, but I know I should finish a couple of projects I have on the go... decisions decisions... LOL. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometime it is okay to just breathe...and relax. That is what I am doing...my mixed media art is short and fast...so I am just relaxing this month :):) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a gorgeous quilt you are working on!

    ReplyDelete