Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

My Views - Flowers, Beaches & Design Boards


Add caption
This is my view as I float around in the pool. While the summer heat is here, I try to enjoy it as much as possible.

I have done a bit more on my embroidery flowers.  Not much more but a bit. I balanced out the left side with some blue flowers and more pink on the left/center.
Add caption
I still have to either add more center big leaves or take them out.  I'm so undecided about it that it has totally stalled this project for 5 months.  What do you think I should do?

In the summer, we have a pool party every Saturday.  It's just a given, come to Mom's and bring some food.  We always have a good time. Until....Covid and being locked down made my one daughter "crazy"!!!

She had to just get out of town!  So we all went to the beach.
OOOOH  that was so much fun we did it again last Saturday.

Check out this beach - NO ONE was here at 8 am.


And by 9.am
One family to the left.
And one family to the right.
  The afternoon brought the family and the FUN!
They dug a bathtub and Violet fell in!
 Mamas pouring water into the sand-tub.
And Marzipan taking a break in the shade
  Or on my rump!
And there was a little pier action.  
This is the same beach Bruce proposed to me. 
I remember sitting up here on the pier after he proposed just being happy and also very nervous to tell my daughters. One had not even met Bruce yet.  Now look at us - all at the beach together.

In non-beachy news: 

I did actually do another design board.
This one I tried harder to be neater. And it's better but still a bit wonky.
But it works! And now I have two.


I must say God has met all my needs and the needs of my "going crazy" daughter.  Hahaha.

Happy Stitching,
Linda

5 comments:

  1. Now that daughter is going crazy the good way!!
    Sun fresh air and sand--with a little family thrown in--
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your embroidery - I think a few more leaves in the middle would work well. Great to have a deserted beach to sit on - lovely family fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pool and the beach - two of my happy places! And I live in a landlocked location, and have no pool so I'm jealous! The embroidery is pretty but you are probably right to add something maybe just off-center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you can go to the beach and claim your own space for social distancing. I might have to take a day trip to the beach next month! Nice talking to you the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun filled family day at the beach.
    Like Lin I'd add some more green leaves on your stitchery.
    Great project on your design board.

    ReplyDelete