Pages

Monday, July 13, 2020

No More "Too Hot to Handle"

You know when the stars align and everything clicks?

After saying for years I would make myself a potholder I finally did.
I have needed one for YEARS.

I saw Kimberly Jolly doing a tutorial on the Lori Holt paper piecing Economy Block.  Oh it looked like so much fun.

I don't know how to do the link - but you can search YouTube for it. 

First I had to find some Cute and Fun fabric. 
Yes, little ladybugs will do.

I don't usually paper piece. So I had to do a lot of "unstitching" and I even cut off one of the triangles!  Oh Dear - that was another "redo". 

But in the end....Happiness!
 

I used two squares of insulbright batting. I do hope that will be enough.
Such a little square to put binding on. I didn't know where to start!


Binding on - now to flip it over and hand stitch it to the back. 

All done! And why did it take me so long? 

Happy Stitching,
Linda


5 comments:

  1. I just bought (online) some of that insulate for a couple new pot holders myself--not sure when I will get to make them--
    but yours is so cute--mine won't be that cute!!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had some insulbright for about a year now and only got to making the pot holders this week! Yours is great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute pot holder .Insulight works so well in pot holders...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what a sweet little potholder it is. I love the sweet and pretty fabrics you choose. Now that you have fashioned one you must make another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's about time! I think it turned out great. So wonderful to talk to you the other day. Let's do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete