Pages

Monday, December 9, 2019

Frolic Clue #1 - FINISHED

Oh, I knew going in that Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt would be a challenge. I had heard those whispers about there being a lot of little pieces to sew and people not being able to keep up. And then it all happens around the busiest time of the year for me, the Holidays. Oh - I love a challenge and I'm determined to meet it.  

Clue #1 Some  Oh no - some is NOT the right word, MANY little four-patches.
She doesn't tell us how many strips to cut because we are using scraps. So my first run at these units gave me less than 1/3 of the amount I needed.  Back to cutting more strips.  I made twice as many - hmmm...still need more.  Third time I ended up with the EXACT amount I needed.  Awe Nice!
I finally finished up the units Wednesday night - 6 days later.
I looked on Facebook and there were people that did them in one day!

I have no idea what is wrong with me.  Hahaha
Clue #2 is out today - let's see how long it takes me.

Happy Stitching,
Linda

3 comments:

  1. This Frolic quilt of yours looks like a lot of fun....and....a lot of cutting strips and stitching little blocks of squares together. Good on you for getting the first stage finished. I look forward to seeing what is next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of little blocks.Well done for keeping up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lot of blocks! The people who did them in one day must have had them all cut. Or were using some form of wizardry! Intrigued to see clue #2

    ReplyDelete