Pages

Friday, November 22, 2019

The Things That Hubby Does for Me

This is not the best picture but I have to show you what my hubby did while I was at work.  He brought in my sewing desk (which I forgot to take a picture of) and set about "decorating" my sewing room for me.
 I don't know where he found those little bird houses.  Maybe they came from his house.  And he found a bunch a doilies.  Which of course is our joke, since he LOVES doilies - so of course I must love them too. lol
 He arranged the "knick-knacks" and told me, I might need to arrange them myself.  But isn't that sooo sweet?  I'll leaving them this way for a while, as it's really such a nice little gift. 
 He has also been working in the yard - this corner flower bed was overgrown with a wicked ground cover.  It's looking better now.
But the biggest thing is this field of ours.  We used it for 15 years for our fence business.  There is enough room here to have a good size house and yard. (You can't really tell that from the picture.) Bruce set to work hauling away all the wood, chainlink and vinyl fencing.  Just to guess I would say about 16 truckloads of stuff.  It's amazing that it is now cleared. And he works at keeping the weeds out too.
I did help with some of those loads but more than half most he did by himself.  

I'm still working on my Bonnie Hunter fabric.  I need to buy a bit more. Really?  I can't believe with all that fabric in my closet I don't have what I need.  More on that later. 

I've been slowing working on my stitchery.

Happy Stitching,
Linda 

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love a man who loves doilies! What a sweet and considerate man he is. I am a little jealous over that gorgeous sewing desk of yours...what a beautiful piece of furniture. About that cleared land of yours....perhaps a garden. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a great guy!! You DO have beautiful furniture, especially your sewing desk!
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sew good to have a hubby who sets up the sewing room AND does the garden and yard... well done Bruce...
    Pretty stitching you're working on Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely man you have ! The desk with the birdhouses is beautiful. Your embroidery looks so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you found a keeper. Love your stitching!! It's beautiful. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete