Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's a Woot Woot Kinda of Day!

My niece is getting married soon.  I thought it would be fun to include some pillowcases in with the wedding gift. 


Okay I'm really excited about this - I wanted to do something with music notes. And you know how it is, you get an idea or you seen it before, but when you go shopping it's not there.  Well....it was there! At the very first store!  YAY!


For your viewing pleasure:  Pillowcase fabric.
And since you can't see the black, here's another, much better, shot.
Are you saying Woot Woot with me?  I thought you would be excited too.  So now you know what I'll be working on this weekend.  And geese, I'll be quilting on Mark's Flying Geese quilt too.


So now on to the next thing I bought. Marshall's is right next to our Joann's Fabrics. I thought I would just see if they had something special for the bride and groom. 
Two glass dishes - the larger one is about 12 inches square and the other is about 4 inches.  I thought they were so pretty.  The bride loves blue. In her sweet little sing song words - "light blue, dark blue, teal blue" ...and on and on she goes, but you get the point. 


So that's my story for today!


Happy Stitching,
Nicey Linda

7 comments:

  1. I'll throw in a Woo Hoo! How lucky can you get. Those plates are gorgeous. Yd done good, Hon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely agree it is a WOOT WOOT kinda day! Love the fabric--The plates are perfect. Your niece will love it all! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot that was lucky, not only the fabric but the dishes too. Your niece is going to be very happy. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot Woot! That was a lucky day! I love your fabric finds, as well as your other goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot Woot!! Love the music fabrics - what a great find! And blue and yellow are one of my favorite color combos - those plates would look great in my kitchen! Lucky niece! ))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when you find just the right fabrics! They are great! Those dishes are so pretty - what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for perfect fabric! The dishes are so pretty, very quilt inspiring. ;) April@Little mama Hen

    ReplyDelete