Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Finish

It was my goal to piece this quilt together for Judy's UFO Challenge. It really went to together quickly.  It's so funny because I bought that yellowish green fabric (yuk!) I then had to change it out. Then I bought this yellow and thinking it would go nicely, only to sew it up and think "OOPS, that's a mistake!"  But it's just not that important of a quilt so I just kept going.  I had to look all over (3 quilt stores) to find this wonderful purple border fabric and what do you know - it made that yellow look good.  Go figure!
In the end I'm happy with my "Kick in the Pants" quilt.

Oh, and let's not forget KitKat.  She ran over and had to have her picture on it.  She wouldn't leave it alone which is why I finally asked Mark to hold it for me and I snapped the above picture. 
Happy Stitching,
Nicey Linda

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! And yes the purple and yellow compliment each other very nicely! -April @ Little Mama Hen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that the purple and yellow would look so good together------good choice. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...purple isn't my favourite colour but WOW I really love it with the yellow. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It gorgeous! Don't the furry ones always have put their butts on quilts or fabrics on the floor immediately. It's like a magnet - it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like purple but it looks great here - the colors are just wonderful, this is a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how one fabric can completely change the look of another one when they're put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I like the yellow in it! You did a very nice job on this! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the colors look great! Nice job...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purple was the PERFECT choice for the border! Purple and yellow are "complementary" colors - opposites on the "Color Wheel" - as are red and green - blue and orange. At least that's what my partially-read "Color" books say - ;)) I'm not all that color savvy - but they must be right - because your quilt looks GREAT! ;))

    ReplyDelete