Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Under my needle


Here's what under the needle of my sewing machine.  I'm quilting the Batik Jewels.  Sunny Bec of  Living the Dream is doing the same pattern by Moda and it's called Sunkissed Jewel Box.

I purchased this at the Road to California show a few years ago, from Sew Batiks. They are the nicest people (can you guess where they are located - yep, North Dakota!) The gal working the booth was so very nice even though she was busy beyond belief!  There were so many customers she couldn't even eat a bit of her lunch.  I purchased a queen size quilt which they didn't have on hand so they shipped it to me.  There was a bit of confusion with the order. And when I called, the gals at the shop were so very helpful and we quickly came to an agreement. Top rate service!

The quality and colors of the fabrics are wonderful!  I loved every moment of working with these fabrics. The instructions for the kit were very easy to follow.  I'm very pleased with the shop and highly recommend them.

So, as I do with every kit I buy, I traded out the background fabric and added a few more batiks and made it more into "my own" quilt.

I decided to quilt with light pink on the back - the quilt will have a pink batik binding.


Isn't this the prettiest pink thread?  I don't have anything pink. This is embroidery thread and it has a pretty sheen to it.

I'm so excited about getting this quilt done.  I wanted to get 1/4 of the foundation quilting finished by last night. (I don't think I quite accomplished that - but almost!!)  I'm doing a stitch in the ditch on the Irish Chain part of the quilt.  It's so busy with those little white circles, I feel it needs a calm design. I'll do something different to the jewel boxes.

Happy Sewing,
Nicey Linda

8 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo - I got to the comment page - don't know what the problem with my computer has been. I love your quilt - and especially that PINK thread! And, what a sweet guy your hubby is to iron for you! Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love a company with good Customer Service? They're rare these days, so they really stand out. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. And I want some pretty pink thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of your quilt. What great service from the quilt shop in N.D. We lived there for 3 yrs when hubby was stationed in Minot AFB. The people were all just like your lady, friendly, warm and hard working, Saw the Free Motion /challenge on your side bar and signed up----hope I am not in over my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just typed a really long comment and it just disappeared! Must be kharma!

    You are going to town on this! Way to go! I am so impressed. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    I love places with great customer service and become a VERY LOYAL customer as a result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say! Yep I love this quilt too, how funny we should both be doing the same pattern! Mine won't be as big as yours I am just doing a lap quilt for my sister in law's 65th birthday, it isn't while the end of the year so I have plenty of time to finish it. Hugs Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful..You are doing a great job!!! Can't wait to see it done. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its looking gorgeous! I cant wait to see it quilted :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining Just Us Quilters.
    Would you kindly add the JUQ button to your blog-a requirement for the listing. Thanks! Grab the HTML now.

    ReplyDelete