Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Colorado Pillow and Low Volume Flower Project

 

I've started working on my Colorado pillows again.  It's been so long since I've done machine applique that I had to get out the manual to find the correct stitch.  But once I found it, I had no problem getting everything stitched down.  

I had thought I could use the steam and seam to apply the applique and not stitch it, since it would just be on a pillow that I probably wouldn't have to wash. But I soon realized that wouldn't work.  The applique was already starting to lift off.

It does look a little "grandma -ish" but I like it.  I want to have some really cozy/homey things in the motor home. Bruce did not think I should use the deer fabric, but once he saw it together he agreed it looks good.

I'm hoping to get these pillows done before we leave for our trip. Bruce is so sweet. I told him I'll be bringing a hand stitching project. He says I'll miss my sewing machine and I must bring it, some fabric and a cutting mat. And my big iron! That we would make room for it.  I told him I would be fine - I can forgo sewing for a few weeks.  He just insists that I bring it. I think he knows me well.

One of my new hand projects is a low volume embroidery. I'm going to sew lace to the bottom of the fabric and add flowers and leaves and for some extra sparkle: beads! Won't that be beautiful?  Oh and the best part is the lace is from Serena's wedding dress.  I think she will love this when I'm done. 

 

This is the only part of the trip that we have planned so far. Not when we are leaving or exactly where we are going or how long.  Only that I'll be bringing some sewing items.  Hahaha 

 Well, that's all I have for now.

Have fun sewing today,

Linda


Hehehe - I think I need to learn to weld!

And lastly our verse for today. 










 

4 comments:

  1. The cushion will look great in your motor home...
    Your hand stitching looks like it will be fun to work on.
    Hubby knows you well indeed. I bought a small machine for our van and have a small travel iron in a special mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have loads of fun on your trip. Your husband is so sweet to suggest you bring your machine. Can't wait to see what you do with that lace, beads, and wedding dress scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a man who gets your priorities right! lol Sounds like this could be a long trip. The cushion is going to be great and I do love the idea of your white embroidery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any kind of itinerary yet? I'd love to meet you somewhere if it's feasible.

    ReplyDelete