Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Little of This & That (Frolic, Walmart Fabric & Pantry)

I've been playing with the borders for frolic.  There is a good chance I'll change it from Bonnie's sawtooth design to flying geese.  I don't think she will mind at all.  I'm just wondering about matching all those points!

I needed to make some masks and while I was at Walmart stopped to see if they had some machine needles.

 Huh..that's a big NO.  There are none to be found. 
 Same for the fat quarters - out.  As are most of the precuts.

And look at the bolts!  Most of the fabrics in this picture are upholstery.  Just a few bolts of cotton left. 

And then I spied these empty cartons with upholstery fabric behind them. I also went by the thread display and there were only 5 spools left.
Yep, I would say Walmart is doing a bang up business.  

I thought I would show you my pantry now that I have it all back together.  I'm very happy with the yellow shelves. As you can see I don't stock many canned items. I do like the see through containers. The lids seal and that keeps the bugs out.  


Hopefully, you are all doing okay and taking care.
Linda

4 comments:

  1. wow--think all the sewers have come out of the closet and been sewing up a storm--I have seen some sparse shelves in that dept--but never that wiped out!! your pantry looks so fresh and clean and well organized--I don't buy hardly any canned goods either--mostly beans or maybe some soups!!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your flying geese - I have just made a few myself as I had a hankering! There must be a lot of quilters in your area. What a neat pantry - mine could do with a coat of paint but it is probably twice the size of yours and finding somewhere to stash the contents while I paint is a nightmare. Have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flying Geese will look great as the border on Frolic...
    WOW!!! there will be lots of busy sewers around your area......
    Ver neat pantry Linda..

    ReplyDelete
  4. And they laughed at us because of our stash. WHo's laughing now!! Your pantry looks so nice. We're working hard on using up all the old stuff that we never should have bought, or forgot we had. Freezer and fridge have been cleaned. It feels so good. Hope you're getting plenty of time for sewing, and staying sane.

    ReplyDelete