Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Cutest Potholder and Feathers Galore

While my granddaughters were over I decided we would make a present for their Mother.
 She had mentioned that she wanted potholder to hang.

Well, the light bulb went off and I got her girls to pick some fabrics.
Good chance to discuss print scales and color contrast, as in "No! That black fabric is not good for this!"
What a fun and fast project!  

All that was left when Mama arrived to pick them up was finishing the binding.
I gave them a needle with plenty of thread and sent them off.
Is there anything more precious than a handmade gift from your children?
Well...yeah, maybe there is - but this is really cool too.

Mama was so surprised and so happy!  Isn't the print with the blender just perfect?  


Now - on to my Big Project. Getting this quilt quilted before the wedding.
Feathers!  Lot and lots of Feathers. 
 I heard once that if you do a king size quilt with feathers you will be a feather making expert. I'm not sure that if that is true. 
But I quickly realized that I didn't know how to do feathers upside down 
or sideways.  
But I can now!

Happy Stitching, 
Nicey Linda

7 comments:

  1. A nice activity to do with your granddaughter. So far mine haven't become interested in doing any sewing. One is 6 and the other is 7, so hopefully in future years they will want to sew with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like both of you had fun--and then some--and what a lovely gift for Mom--
    love how your other quilt is coming along--
    you will get it done on time--right???
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would imagine that after quilting oodles of feathers on a queen size quilt you would be quite the expert. This quilt is looking fabulous, Linda. Love the potholders your granddaughters stitched for their mum. How fun to share stitching memories with them. Yes, the blender fabric is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Mum loved her gift and what a great way to spend time with your granddaughters..
    Well done doing all those feathers,something I wouldn't even try..I'm sure it will be done on time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun sewing with the grandies! I think your feathers look great! I can only do them in one direction, so I tend to go around in circles. You are now a pro!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your feathers look gorgeous! Great project for your granddaughters and what a brilliant result. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work does look wonderful. The potholders are a nice and useful gift.

    ReplyDelete