Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Slow Quilting & Do You Know this Thread?

My "Slow as a Turtle" Quilt.

I've been freemotion quilting this.  I usually do only one row a day.  Now is that slow or what?  And more importantly isn't this appropriate that I quilt this turtle quilt as slow as a turtle?


It is fun - But I just can't seem to do more than one row at a time.


Now I'm deciding whether to continue echoing out to the edge or stop now. 


And what's a post without a picture of Lily?
So here she is a 18 months. 

Also - Does anyone know what brand of thread this is?
My machine loves it - but the top label came off, and I don't know what it is.

Happy Stitching,

Linda

5 comments:

  1. Lily is a doll baby! Sorry I can't help with the thread. I'd probably do one or two more rows of quilting but maybe not all the way to the edge. It's looking great!! Can't wait til you send it to me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One row a day is better than my latest fmq project!! Well done, you'll get there :-) Lily is gorgeous!!! Sorry cant help you with the thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous turtle quilt! I think echoing all the way to the edge would look best. I am always sorry when I stop quilting because I want to rather than because the quilt is really done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which came first - the bird in the header photo? Or your matching background? Love that bird!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little Lily - what an adorable photo Linda! You made me smile and laugh over your "turtle quilting" The echoes look really great though! Sorry, cant hep you with the thread.

    ReplyDelete