Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Working Wednesday

I've been busy working on my wall hanging.  I've so enjoyed quilting it. I'm even considering entering it in our fair, which is right around the corner.  I have my application all filled out. 

Now that I have it all bound and pretty much ready to go - I looked up how to hang a quilt.  The Crafty Quilter has a great method using a yard stick. After seeing her post, I'm realizing that maybe I was supposed to put the hanging sleeve on before the binding.  Well, shoot!  We wouldn't want to do things the right way - would we? 
I hope to have a picture of the finish quilt tomorrow.  I'm thinking of putting two bows on it using this seersucker fabric.  Is that fabric a no-no in the quilting world?  I used this to bind the quilt too.  The color is just perfect.

I have no delusions of winning any prizes - that's not why I want to enter.  I just thought it would be fun to share.  I didn't even realize there were prizes until I got the entry form.
 
Happy Stitching,
Linda 

3 comments:

  1. I usually try to remember to do my hanging sleeve before my binding, but it does't always work that way. I don't think the quilt police will come after you. Have fun entering it in the fair. I can't wait to see the front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt too. I often don't remember about the hanging sleeve until it's too late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like we're all the same bout hanging sleeves doesn't it. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished, and I reckon that if you want to add bows, then that's just what you should do - it's your quilt after all.

    ReplyDelete