Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Little Forest Quilt Along - Step 3

How are you all doing on your trees?  Have you made 1/2 of them?

I have.  Here are the top half of my trees. 


Just teasing - I've made the bottom half too.  And I have about 1/2 of my trees completed.


Now for STEP #3

For this next week we will be completing the second 1/2 of our trees. And (this is the part I just love) sewing the rows together!  I love seeing my squares turn into a quilt top.  




Have you seen the other trees on the Little Forest Quilt Along Flicker Group?  They are wonderful!!  Check them out - it's so much fun seeing each other's work and ideas. And don't forget to check out Peas In A Pod (Stephanie's Blog.) 


Now would you like to hear about the big change in my house?


Something so funny and horrible that I can't decide whether to laugh or cry?

My hubby has decided to sew. Yes, the man who uses a sledge hammer to fix things. Well, it works when you are putting up a fence or taking one down. Actually he's been saying for a long time he would like to learn.  What better time than on a quilt that is for the family and one that is being paper pieced?  (I didn't have to explain about sewing a 1/4 seam!!)

You know I had to snap a picture!!


Oh I see there is a stray balloon from Serena's party under his chair.   Do you pop all the balloons after a party or let them die a natural death?  We usually just let them die.  But sometimes they get on my nerves (just hanging around like that) and I go after them with a knife.

He did a really good job.


And the horrible part is....he liked it! Yep, you guessed it.  I don't want to share my baby - my sewing machine!  I think this story will have "to be continued" as we start looking for another machine.




PS  Don't forget, tonight is


Sign up at Heidi's Blog.  I'll see you there!

11 comments:

  1. So cute! Love those trees :)
    It is precisely because I'm scared he might like it that I'm never letting my husband near my machine!! He did name my machine though and write it's name on it for me but that's as close as he'll get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to get a 2nd computer, you may need a 2nd sewing machine. I think it would be a great investment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the greens in your trees Linda. Good on you for letting your husband have a turn.. we all know how addictive it is so you'd best get machine hunting!! Did he do all the cutting and pressing as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you canNOT share a machine - he must have his own if he decides to continue. I let my hubby borrow my iron sometimes, but that's the extent of my sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it's time to get another machine. How fun to have your hubby joining you in your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost forgot....you missed a wonderful speaker at guild last night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say exactly what Stray Stitches said...Looks like you get a new machine so he can have yours! I just LOVE that! He is an awesome man!

    My post is up! Sorry I'm late!
    http://peasinapod.typepad.com/peas-in-a-pod/2011/09/little-forest-quilt-along-week-3-and-giveaway-information.html

    Your trees look just great! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your trees! :) How cool that he wants to learn to sew... but I agree.. he needs his own machine. Otherwise, he may take yours over completely. ;) We let balloons die a natural death, too. If I get sick of them before that, I just put them in the garbage, w/o killing them with a knife. I just can't bring myself to stab them like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely trees. Will be great with Christmas coming up. The closest my hubby gets to my sewing machine is when he brings me a cuppa!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, that's coming out nice! love the hubby pics~mine would never do that. although he does fix my machine and clean it when needed. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny! My hubby sews leather and does a fine job, but I can't ever imagine him sewing a quilt....or knitting... or crossstitch....

    ReplyDelete