Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gathered from the Garden and a new BOM


I've been asked about the pattern used for the BOM quilt.  Strawberry-Patches, my local quilt shop used Gathered from the Garden - Quilts with Floral Charm by Cindy Lammon, published by Martingale Company.  The fabric used was similar to the one in the book.  It's Moda, one of the Fig Tree lines.  I changed up a few of the block - like the birdhouse, the bird and the flower blocks.  Cindy's book is so well written instructions and super easy to follow. She even tells you which way to iron the seams.



Cindy provided nice patterns for the applique. 

There are 95 pages in the book. And there are several more patterns that I would like to make - someday.



And while we are on the subject of BOM's and Strawberry-Patches is having another BOM starting this next Saturday.  Here's a little picture....sorry it's a bit blurry.



When I was in the shop this last week I signed up for it.  I think I'm really going to enjoy it.  I'm thinking about making two of these quilts.  One like this and one in "bright" colors. One of my friends told me, it's just as easy to make two blocks each month as it is to make one.  Well, that's not really true -but it sound good, doesn't it?  I'm very excited to be starting this new project. 

Linda

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pattern info, Linda. I WILL own that book soon! And your new BOM looks nice too. Have fun making two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely book~pinks and greens are always a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Don't know how I stumbled on your blog, but I'm glad I did. I am in love with your quilt. Thanks so much for showing. I would love to do this with the same fabrics. Do you know what Fig Tree fabric line you are using? Show us a picture of the whole thing really soon.
    Fabulous job quilting too! I'm so impressed. It's not easy to make it look good with your own machine.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete