Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This is what I'm working on....

This is a BOM quilt from my LQS.  The first Saturday of the month we would meet and get a new block to make.  So much fun to see each other's work and chat with friends. (And buy stuff - shh...don't tell on me!)

Each block was a lot of fun to make.  I changed some of the blocks, like the bird house.  Then added more leaves and flowers.  I also added some buttons and beads.  I had bought a different red/flower fabric for the border.  Then I went back and bought this one with the Polk-a-dots.  I just liked it so much better! With all that work I want to have the border I like best.



It's all sandwiched and pinned.  And now laying under the needle of my sewing machine.


I have one block quilted and the quilting of the next block planned out .  I think that's pretty good - it's progress at any rate.  I'm a little worried about quilting it and messing it up with my inexperience.  But I'm gonna do it.  That's the way we learn. 

3 comments:

  1. love the color scheme Linda~gotta love soft greens and pinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the border you put on. It looks just great. Kudos to you for putting it under the needle and getting to quilting it yourself. I haven't been brave enough to clear that hurdle yet, although I know that's how we learn!

    ReplyDelete