Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Camping in Quartzsite, AZ

This morning we are off to go camping!  Personally I think it's nuts to run off to the desert to go camping.  Camping ought to be in the mountains or maybe near the beach. But when my Sewful Sister, Anita Jo told me about Quartzsite, AZ she also mentioned the word - Swap meet.  I don't even like swap meets, but for some strange reason the thoughts of a month long swap meet, RV Show and Gem Shop is just irresistible! 

I went home and made plans to go to Quartzsite.  Then I found out that there will be several people I know going there.  My Sewful Sister, Anita Jo for one, my sister's sister-in-law, who makes stained glass items, my son-in-law's employers, another friend Marti and my sister, the bride and her new groom.  It will be her first time there also. 

This will be an adventure. Remember the movie Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? We'll see after this if will be a thumbs up or down.  Either way it will be nice for our family to spend time together.

5 comments:

  1. ~wow, camping in Quartzite, who knew!?
    I am in Mesa (the valley) and only go through there to get to Cali. Hmmm. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. Have a great time. I really enjoy the desert a lot. Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time..Sounds like great fun!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Photo, looks like a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh HOW FUN!! I'm hoping you had a great time -it's always fun to go on an "adventure with family (smile)!!!

    ReplyDelete