Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bad Truck and Friday Night Sew-in

I received some sad news today.  Our truck in done; it's tired and needs a new rear end.  (Well, me too! I would like a younger one also.) 

I'm was actually pretty upset over this - trying not to be depressed. It's hard enough each month without adding a truck payment to the mix.  What do you do when you are depressed?   I usually call one of my daughters.  They are always so cheery and the grand kids so fun it really lifts my mood.  

Oh yea.  I just remembered my word for the year - Peace.  That's right I would like to have Peace about things and not be striving.  I know that things always work out, and these are not the worse of problems to have.  I suppose I just need to put my trust in the Lord, count my blessings and quit complaining. 

I do have some good news too.  I was reminded that this Friday is the  Heidi's Friday Night Sew-in!!

I haven't had time for my sewing in more than a week. So this should get me going.  Would you like to come join the fun?  I hope to be working on quilting my BOM quilt.  Although you never know, maybe a new project will strike my fancy. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda--sorry about the truck--maybe a nice used one will turn up!!!
    I have not done a Friday sew in--I am always so tired by the evening==and by the time I get done doing my post and reading and leaving comments==then by 10 pm if I am not off here--
    Miss gracie has a "fit' as that is then her play time with me--soooo!!!
    Hugs,di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a new rear end too- about a 23 year old one...Sorry about the truck - it is an expensive blow. I like to talk to my kids too-they always cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your truck! I'd love to have a new rear end too LOL! Hope that your stitching time cheered you up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your truck. I would like a younger, more uplifted hind end, too. :-) I like my car but I'm going to need a new car soon, too. Bummer.

    I talk to my mom when I don't feel so hot. She always helps me feel better about things. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete