Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Thursday turned out to be good for quilting

Thursday night I really wanted to sew on my blocks. The civil war blocks or the block lotto, well just any block!  I even considered changing my foot.  Oh that sounds weird but I know you all know I mean the sewing machine foot.  

I knew if I didn't change that foot and just hung in there I could get some of this green border finished.


Funny thing is once I start in quilting that border I enjoyed it so much.  It was getting late - 10:30 pm.  That's late for me because I get up early for work, but I couldn't resist and finished up  all the green border section.  Yay!!!!


Now I don't care about sewing up any blocks.  I would rather finish up the lavender border.  I'm so close to being done.  And then I'll get binding ready.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  I'm hoping to work on this while watching TV tonight. 

As for weird.  On the way back for Vegas we were driving through Tehachapi area and hubby had to stop.  We pulled to the side of the road, got out and looked down the slope and saw this.  There it was in the middle of no where with nothing else around it.  It's about 5 to 6 feet high.  I have no clue what it is.


So with that I'll say Adios and have fun this weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Good on you - that quilting is looking good....and so close to finishing :-) That's an interesting find you made out in the middle of nowhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked hubby what the wierd thing was, because he knows EVERYthing, but he couldn't identify it. You're going a wonderful job with your quilting. I've been making so many hexies and swap blocks that I haven't had much need to quilt lately. I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete