Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Hardest Block EVER!


I  was forewarned that Judy Martin's blocks can be challenging.   And I suspected that, as I had made one of her other blocks once before.   But my  goodness this was quite the challenge.   The instructions were minimal, other than the size to cut the pieces.  My only clue was the little red line that was a "partial seam".

Each of the corners on the center square were a partial seam.  After fiddling with it and getting frustrated, I just did it.  I don't know how else to describe it.  I just sewed and hoped for the best. 

So now I can say I totally love it and I refuse to see the "bad points" about it (bad pun intended.  hahahaha!!)

I plan to do two more of her blocks from the magazine.  My daughter said the next one looks even harder.  I don't think that's possible.  So off I go.  I'll post picture later. 

Linda

5 comments:

  1. It's a great block. Kudos to you for conquering it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome, and you mastered it. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful------congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! The black really makes the other colors pop.

    ReplyDelete