Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Who's a Lucky Girl? Me!

I feel so lucky to have won this book by Jane Sassaman.  Pat Sloan had a give -away and as soon as I saw this book I fell in love with the quilt on the front.   I just love the colors and design. I promised myself that if I won I would choose a quit from the book and make it. Which of course means I'll have to go shopping for some Sassaman fabric.  That will be so much fun.  

I feel like a kid with a huge candy bar, a delicious treat to savor and enjoy as I read this book.    I've only read a few pages (maybe 10 - I've already love the first quilt and want to make it. I think I will feel that way about each quilt in there.) and I've already  learned some neat stuff.   I even stole the highlighter from my high schooler (don't worry, she wouldn't miss it until school starts up. hehehe!)  I've been marking the book as I read - Sassaman makes some really informative points as she talks about the quilts. It's so nice to learn new stuff about quilting and design. I really am enjoying this book!

So Big Thank You to Pat Sloan - she had a great blog that is fun to read and she always has several fun things going on over there.  She has a quilting forum and those gals are so nice. 

And also a Big Thank You to Jane Sassaman for writing such a wonderful, fun book! I can't wait to get back to reading it. 
Nicey Linda

6 comments:

  1. That's great! I love to slowly enjoy my new quilting books too. I love reading the intro and the more general stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love reading and rereading quilting books also! Almost as good as Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won one, too, and picked it up at the PO today. It's fabulous!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicey! :o) It's been too long since I visited. Congrats on the great win. Hey I'm having a blogiversary giveaway, hop over and enter if you haven't already.. maybe you'll win some more fabric. :o) BTW, look at all that ME goodness in your header pic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's so fun! Glad you got such a nice prize. I won a pattern from a Henry Glass designer on their blog week last week. I just found out yesterday and haven't received it yet. I'm a lucky girl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It sounds (and looks) like a great book! Winning quilty things is so much fun! o:)

    ReplyDelete