Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Here's what I've working on

I've been so good I didn't start a new project  I still want to through!

Here's what I worked on. 
I removed all the old beading and replaced it with sequins & beads.  It looks so much better now.  Next step on this is to quilt it. 

And I don't know what made me go get this project out of the closet, but I did, and finished it up. 
Now I have something fun to wear around the pool. Do you think they are too much?
You can hardly see my toes. They sure feel lovely, so soft with all that fabric.

And, (time to do the happy dance!) I've been quilting the feathers! 
I started with the bottom border - gee it sure is hard to see black thread on a black border. 
Even harder to photograph it.  The above picture shows only one half of the feathers. 

Last night I finished the bottom border and then did the one long border side of the quilt while I was watching women's volleyball.  It was so exciting I would quilt on commercials and then run over to the couch and watch while the game was on.  It's great to have 4 minutes of commercials, I can get stuff done.  
Here's where I turned my first corner - I didn't practice I just winged it. And here you can see my second corner -and my white chalk guideline. 

I don't know which was more fun watching the game and seeing Misty May and Kerri Walsh (USA) win Gold or quilting!

I hope to do some more quilting tonight. 

Happy Stitching and Watching the Olympics 
Nicey Linda

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the new look of your blog! What is the fabric at the top????? I love it!

    Your flip-flops are cute and definitely too much. My husband would not approve, but my daughters would;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flip flops! i'd put in a pool just to be able to wear those. You're doing great with the quilting Linda. I'm still too chicken to try. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your feathers really are just great! I love them! And I love how your Christmas tree turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Christmas tree, and I adore your flip-flops! Very cool. Your quilting is wonderful! Isn't it fun seeing all the gold coming from London? I'm so impressed with our athletes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feathers----I am so impressed, they are very nice. The flip flop are darling-----so you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!!! What fancy fip flops Linda...
    Wow your feathers are looking great..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Linda. Looks like you're on a roll for finishing things (I'm envious. I've only been starting projects). The flip-flops are perfect! Lovely feathers, too.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, your Christmas tree is darling! And your flips flops are such fun! I did several sets of these a couple of years ago and sent them to my nieces, along with some fun pedicure items, as a summer fun package. Your feet look fashionably fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete