Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Butterfly, Finished Flying Geese and FNSI

I was swimming in the pool (on my back as usual) and I saw something weird about our palm tree. All the leaves were vertical except for one little spot that was going horizontal. I thought that was so strange. On closer inspection I saw this butterfly.
She was just waking up for the day, fluttering her wings.  She's so pretty. 

Later that night I was in the pool again - I saw a butterfly come and land on my husband's head.  Talk about funny. There he was in the pool with just his head above water with a butterfly sitting on top of him.   And then the next night one landed on his face!  Just weird.

So on to my other news.  I finished up (WhooHoo!) Mark's flying geese quilt.  Oh he is so happy with it.  Me too!

First let me toot my own horn and say my feathers turned out great.  I do hope to improve on them. Learn to make them more fancy.
I made the binding scrappy, and then sewed it onto the back, flipped it over and sewed it to the front using a decorative stitch.  I just love the way it looks. And this way is so fast. 


You may not know this but Bobbie Pins work great for holding down the corners. I got that tip from someone's blog - but for the life of me I can't remember who suggested it.  So if you are that person - let me know so that I can give you the credit. 
One last thing, don't forget tonight is FNSI.  
You all know it's more fun to sew with others. So, if you have time join us. Sign ups are at Crafty Vegas Mom's Blog.  I've been thinking about what to work on. I could start the Spools
 or the paper piecing flowers
 or work on my Stay at Home Round Robin 
or a Pat Sloan UFO.
 Decisions, Decisions!  I'll just have to see what strikes my fancy after dinner tonight. 

Happy Stitching 
Nicey Linda

6 comments:

  1. So what did you decide to work on? I'm so proud of you and your feathers!! I'll be out soon for some time in the pol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feathers look awesome...way to go! I like that blanket stitch. Usually I do zig zag but now that I'm a lot straighter and steadier I'd like to give the blanket stitch a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, love the butterflies! They usually land on my behind. Hm.

    Love your binding, and all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The decorative stitching on he binding looks great! I need to give that a try next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo - well done on the flying geese - feathers quilt!! I like how you did the binding - I never thought of using a decorative stitch like that before - I know it can be hard to do a machine stitched binding tidy but that looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing that quilt. When do we get to see it!? Come on!!!!

    ReplyDelete