Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Another bit of Good News: Another Win.

Have ya'll been over to Sandra Kaye's Blog?  Well, if you haven't been it's the place to go to for a color fix. Sandie loves color and I love color so that's where I go to brighten my day.  She has the most interesting projects.  Fun things, some I would love to make. Really she always has the best things to ooh and aah over. 

A little while ago she had a give-away. Yep, you guessed it.  I won!  
I'm so excited about this pattern - it's paper piecing and this book is so thick. (Thick = lot's of work = lots of fun!)  I really want to make a tree skirt for my daughter.  Then I noticed it's 60" x 60".  What a shame just too big for her little apt. But just right for ME!  And we really need a new one because ours is too small.  I never think to make a new one for us because ours is so nice. Do you see a solution here?  I make me this one and give my daughter the one that's too small.  I think this is a Win-Win!  

I know a quilt designed by Judy Niemeyer is going to be complex. I've seen her other quilts. I'm not scared.  I plan to do my paper piecing Petite Jardin flower quilt to get more paper piecing experience. In the meanwhile I can be on the look out for the perfect Christmas Fabrics.  

Thank Sandie for the great opportunity to make this fun quilt. 

Happy Stitching,
Nicey Winning Linda

11 comments:

  1. Congrats, that does sound like a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! You are most welcome!!! It was a lot of fun to give away a fun prize!! Thanks for the shout out!! Many hugs- Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! It sounds like you have a good plan for its future. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! Another quilting book to read and dream about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is gorgeous! I love it! Congratulations! Can't wait to see you make it. I need a nice, big tree skirt to cover our huge tree stand, too. But I never get around to making one! Make me one while you're at it, will you? Then it's Win-Win-Win! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you-------be fun to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun -- winning is so nice! And what a great prize! You'll be making beautiful creations from it in no time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you - that looks like a great book - have fun - and I think your solution to the tree skirt problem is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tree skirt looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see some photos as you get going on it

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful win. And a win-win is always good too. I'm looking forward to seeing your new skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your win, AND coming up with a solution to make it work! I have to say I think you are very brave, just looking at that pattern scares the pants off me!

    ReplyDelete