This is not my picture. I found it at WildCatForums.Net.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Here's what going on in my little world...

With just so much going on it's hard to decide what to work on.  First, I did go shopping:
WhooHoo! I finally found some quilting gloves - I picked up the last ones on the shelf. And I had a Joann's 40% off coupon. I've been looking off and on for months, since May. I want these for A Few Scraps quilt along. I tried quilting once before and I know I need these. I just can't move that fabric with just my fingers.

And I was happy to find and purchase the topstitch sewing needles 90/14 that is also recommended on the supply list for the quilt along. I've been seeing a lot blogs with A Few Scraps' button and I'm excited to be going on this adventure with all of you.

And school started.  I'm taking two college classes.  So I've been reading these books:

So far they are both very interesting books - Thank goodness!  You know how hard it is to read a textbook when you would rather be sewing on:


For now it's back to reading my textbook.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. Whatacha want to be when you grow up? I'm starting to explore new opportunities/ideas. You'll love the quilting gloves. They make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gloves look like they will be great. I like the idea of the quilting - free motion and wonder if I can fit one more thing on my plate.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like great gloves..I have almost the same ones.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do know how it is to be reading a textbook when you'd rather be quilting. I'm a college professor, and that happens to me a lot! :-) Looking forward to doing the quilt along with you! I'm following your blog now so I can see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilting gloves, awesome! Please let us know how they work out. Perhaps this is all I need to get the free motion sewing to work better on my stuff.
    Good luck on the text book reading and good for you to do it!

    ReplyDelete