Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School....it's coming soon


My little granddaughter, Scarlett will be going to Kindergarten this year.   And this material is just perfect for a First Day of School Dress, or Second Day or Third Day...you get the point.  I made the skirt and bought a yellow shirt.  But dang it - I forgot to take a picture of the skirt.  
Close up of material - it says PICK ME  PICK MEEEEE!   It's just too cute! And Violet helped me to sew it. She placed her little hand right beside mine as we guided the fabric through the sewing machine.  She's such a little doll.
I look kind of old in that picture - must be the granny glasses! LOL!! I'll post it anyway. And hopefully I'll have a picture of that skirt and Scarlett for my next post.  And here's a preview of what I hope to work with next. Not only is it cute - it glitters.  Girls love glittery stuff.  (Me Too!)

3 comments:

  1. So cute. And you do not look old! :-) My daughter likes to sew while on my lap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh..excuse me, but I know how old you really are, and you look about 30 in this picture!!! How sweet to make such a cute skirt for the first day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter is so pretty. I love the pink cats and am looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete