Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Friendship Club

My daughter laughed at me when I told I was going to join the friendship club at our local quilt guild.  She thinks the name is rather..well, for lack of a better word, silly.  But be that as it may, I did go and the ladies were all very nice.  It was the first meeting, so we were just getting to know each other and we will be deciding on another name.  (I bet that's a big relief for my daughter!  LOL!!)

So the gal hosting the meeting had lots of scraps and let each of us dig through and pick three.  Wasn't that nice of her?  And so much fun!  So here are my three:

My oldest daughter HATES spiders - so of course when I saw this spiderweb fabric complete with spiders, (click on it and check them out!  they are so neat!) I had to get it. I'm in the process of making her a nice quilt with a black background and somehow I have to include this!

And of course I thought the fabric with the little irons, scissors and sewing accessories was too cute.  Any ideas of a little project I can use it for?  It's about the size of a fat 8th.  And the stripe would be cute as a binding or something. I'm not sure but I'll use it. 

Linda

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabric..How about a cute Halloween pincushion or pot holder?
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I posted the symptoms that I had with my heart attack, along with a website that has more info. I really like the sewing themed fabric. I would have chosen that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, sounds like a fun group! So glad you're making new quilting friends! Fun scraps, too!

    ReplyDelete