Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Pineapple Blossom Block


Woohoo!  My first block is ready for Block Lotto!  I got up early on Sunday and washed and dried my fabrics to make this pineapple blossom block.  This is the first time I've made the block.  It was fun - and easy.  I hope to get a couple more made up tonight. 

I also worked on this:


I got the border sewn and put on.  Whew!  I'm caught up on this mystery quilt until Pat Sloan posts the next part, which will not be until next month.

I also worked on the Star block.  I have it mostly done just need to machine applique around the stars.  And I have the flower basket pieces cut out.

 All in all I think that was good sewing for the weekend.  One of the things we did this weekend was go see the movie "Priest".  Why??? Because my husband thinks I like vampire movies.  I tell him no, I don't, I'm scared and then we go anyway.  Maybe I really do like them...or maybe I should since I'm going to end up seeing them anyway.   I didn't think Priest was scary - but then I had my eyes closed through some of it so I can't really say.   :-)

Linda

1 comment:

  1. I love your pineapple block! Awesome! And your Pat Sloan quilt is turning out great! I don't like scary movies anymore either. I don't know why. I used to!

    ReplyDelete