Pages

Friday, February 23, 2018

Doodling for Freemotion Quilting


I was quite taken with Lori Kennedy of The Inbox Jaunt's
 post about quilted scenes from a story book. 
She challenged her self to quilt one each day.

Check out her post here - she is so good.

I thought that was a great idea - but since I have this wedding coming up soon, I thought I would practice with doodling with a pen and paper first.

Now I know this is not a great drawing - but I'm so surprised that at my first attempt to draw without lifting my pen (as it would be if I was stitching on my sewing machine) that the rooster looks like a rooster!  And that the body and the head are on the same page!

I also wanted to practice doing the date without lifting my pen, as I often quilt the date on my quilts 


I hope to challenge myself to draw (doodle each day) until I get back from my honeymoon and I start quilting again.  

Only nine more days until the wedding - and the forecast is rain. 
I'm not going to worry about that just yet.

Linda - the Bride to Be

6 comments:

  1. I hope the honeymoon is someplace warm and dry! I know the wedding ceremony will be awesome. Just relax, and remember to Breathe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely bride-to-be....your drawing is so very good! I love the idea of machine sketching a book, page by page. I look forward to seeing some more of your clever drawings down the track. Only nine days to go till the big day, have a most wonderful celebration. Hope the rain stays away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous doodling - and wow the countdown really is on! You'll hav a brilliant day whatever the weather I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Your doodling is amazing. When I was teaching kindergarten a student spoke up when I was instructing a project. He said, "Don't worry Mrs. Schrankel, we know you are trying your best." Praying for your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS - look at you!!! That is AMAZINGLY GOOD! You've been hiding your talents, girl!
    Praying it doesn't rain on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!Thanks for sharing.
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete