Pages

Friday, April 13, 2018

Just in case you were wondering - Yes, we did it.

We got married!



We had only family at the wedding which worked out wonderfully.
I had one sister to the photography, another do the flowers, and had my little 
granddaughter, Lily as the flower girl.  She was SO EXCITED to have such a fun and important job.  She danced all the way back to her seat. 

I loved the way our wedding cake turned out.  (I saw something similar on Pinterest and did hire someone to make it.)
My daughters and I did the arbor and I think it turned out nicely.

It was Bruce's desire to have a big BBQ after our ceremony.  My backyard was the perfect place.  (Now it's "our" backyard.)  Bruce knew that I wouldn't want to leave that pool in the summer time and stay in his house. So his is up for sale

We had a wonderful honeymoon at the beach. 
We went back to the place that Bruce proposed to me.
Walked along the wooden pier - I just love wooden piers. 

 
 There's just something about sitting, soaking up the warmth and watching the waves.

We also spent some of our honeymoon time doing this
I had an over crowded house.  My garage was stuffed with furniture, boxes, tools anything and everything you could think of.  Then Bruce had his three bedroom house to combine with mine. 

The only answer..
We had the BIGGEST sale. My three car garage was PACKED!

Sold tons of stuff, gave away tons of stuff and then called out Salvation Army to take the rest.

Now my garage is almost empty.

Most of the house had been reorganized. 
It feels so good to not have that burden of "stuff" anymore.

By the way Bruce is the real organizer.  I used to be pretty good, but over the years have lost the ability.  Although I never would have held a candle to him.

Our plan is to continue working on it Saturday.

So no sewing for me for a while,

In the meanwhile, I'll just enjoy the projects I see you working on.

Linda

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You had a beautiful wedding based on the photos. And just how you both wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! I remarried after losing my first hubby and have really enjoyed it, nearly 21 years now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding pictures are beautiful! You all put together a lovely day. And good for you for cleaning out the stuff! Although you're still in your original house, it's important to get a fresh start. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! May your marriage be blessed for many years to come!!! But oh combining two households, wow that's a job - sounds like Bruce has got it all together though, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your wedding and honeymoon pictures - they both look lovely. Good luck with the rest of the clearout. And many years of happiness to you both x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Linda!!!!!! I'm just soo over the moon excited for you!!!! Much love and hugs sent your way!!!! Organizing is a great thing to get done!!!! Blessings and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see your photos Linda - it looks like you had a beautiful day - congratulations to you both. Well done on the sorting and organising!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow how exciting Linda - Congratulations to you both... looks like you had a great day. I wish you a lifetime of love & joy in one another.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! I wish you many years of happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you and Bruce, Linda. It looks as if you had a most beautiful wedding. Gorgeous cake and oh how sweet your Lily looks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Congratulations to both of you.. Looks like a lovely wedding and good luck for a wonderful life together...

    ReplyDelete