Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

Little Turtle and Waves

I'm so excited about my little turtles.  I have them all stitched up.
Not in the picture - of course I don't have picture with them all done.  

I went yesterday and bought the fabric for the wave blocks.
I have not been fabric shopping in sooooo long.  
I've been so good about not buying fabric, that I bought all of these without a sale!  
Oh dear - and I didn't even care.

What started this quilt was I saw Lisa Boyer on TV sewing these turtles (years ago - I mean years and years ago.)  I thought it looked like so much fun.  Well fast forward a hundred years - er well not quite that many years and I found her pattern in a old quilt magazine at the library.  Cool right.  So  fast forward a couple more years (maybe a decade?) and we get to me making her turtles. Only I stuffed them.  (What a good idea Linda !  Thank you.  I thought so too.)

And today I printed of the foundation paper for paper piecing the waves.
See?  
I has done paper piecing with 3 pieces - so this shouldn't be much harder.

Well, I'm looking forward to sewing.
Happy Stitching,
Linda

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting anxious to see that turtle quilt!! THey're all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your turtles 🐢 🐢 Made into a quilt....love your wave fabrics and the Snail Trail blocks make great waves.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful wave fabrics! Really looking forward to seeing the turtles too x

    ReplyDelete