Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

New Project - Lovin' Me Some Applique!

 
I've taken a "Big O Break" and gotten good and rested.  For a while there I felt like I was chained to my sewing machine. Playing with baby Lily cured all that.
 
 
Recently the Sewful Sisters decided to do an applique project.  A table topper measuring at least 22 inches.  Well - what you know I could sure use that!  And I LOVE applique.  So I started a project and then quickly abandoned it for this one which I found in a magazine.  Why does that always happen?
 
 
I'm having a blast with it. I've been trying some new techniques - like using a paper on the back as a  stabilizer.
 
And you know I'm not leaving without showing you Lily.
 
Lily waking up from her nap.
 
Happy Stitching,
Linda


2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I like how you are stitching your applique on in the first photo - very effective. You aren't the only one to get sidetracked by new projects :-) Lily is such a cutie - you must be really enjoying her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable baby!! I'm impressed with your journey into applique. Those look like some tiny pieces. Can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete