Monday, June 23, 2014

Growing Vines on my Table Topper

 I have been enjoying working on my table topper. It was my goal to finish all the green vines over the weekend.  I almost reached my goal, but not quite.
 
Somehow the family got invited over for a BBQ and swim party. 
As I was sitting there thinking how I didn't want to invite everyone over, my hubby was planning out the menu.  I tried to change it to my daughter #1's house - but that idea was axed by daughter #2.  As soon as I realized I was outnumber by the family - I quickly got into the spirit and was excited everyone was coming.  We had a grand time.  So glad I was out numbered. (Hey, at least I'm willing to admit I'm not Mother of the Year!  LOL!)
 
I sort of got stuck trying to figure out the green around the four purple flowers at the top.  I would stitch some green vine - and rip it out, stitch a different design rip it out.  I've thought maybe the problem is there are 4 (even number) I thought about adding another flower - another leaf...
 
I still have "extras" to put on the flowers.  Maybe once I have that in place the green vine around the four purple flowers will come together easier.
 
And on a parting note - here's a picture of Lily being her sweet self.
Happy Stitching,
 
Linda

2 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job with all the applique. And it will still be there after the dust has settled and the dishes and towels are all washed. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your applique project is looking gorgeous! It sounds like your purple bits will settle once you add some more 'extras'. Glad you were able to chill out and have a great time with your family. Lily, of course, is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete