Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Do All Good Plans Go Awry?

It's been a little hard for me to post lately. I've just had so much going on.  I suppose it gets that way for everyone from time to time.

I'm so please to say I finished piecing Serena's quilt.  YEA!
Yick that brown carpet makes this quilt look sick.
It's much nicer in person. 
I was all ready to sandwich it.  I decide to use spray basting this time.  So early Saturday morning I ran out and hosed off my back patio.  I figured it would dry and I would get it sandwiched before Serena got up.  Such a good plan.  I looked out the window about an hour later and it was almost dry.

Within half an hour we were having a major dust storm.  Major sigh !
Then life got in the way - Serena had her wisdom teeth removed, we had repairs done to the house and the
car and now it's already May 10th.  I'm hoping, really hoping, that I can sandwich it today. Start quilting tomorrow. Sounds like a good plan.

What are you working on this weekend?

Happy Stitching,
Nicey Linda

5 comments:

  1. I suggest that you pack it up and come visit me! We'll get it sandwiched in no time. This is an exciting time of life for Serena, so just go with the flow and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt looks great. I hope you get it sandwiched OK so you can start quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean - I haven't blogged since April 9th! Talk about life getting in the way! The quilt looks fantastic - even ON the brown carpet - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! I've been trying to finish up my baby quilt for the Bloggers Quilt Festival. you really should enter your Civil War quilt! have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. I never get behind. Snort. Yeah, right.

    Love how the quilt turned out and can't wait to see the quilting you choose!

    What you described sounds just like my life!

    ReplyDelete