Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Decisions, Decisions...

Let's talk about the weekend.  It was great. (Did you have a nice Mother's Day?) We had lots of family, games and pool time.  And some how I managed to get Serena's graduation quilt sandwiched.
You know it really wasn't hard at all using the spray basting.  I even managed to ready my machine for Free Motion Quilting. You know clean out that lint etc.

And then my plans started to go awry.  The reason my plans go awry is because of ME!  Yep.  I started thinking, that maybe I should make the quilt bigger. (Sometimes thinking is just not good.) I could take the backing cut it in strips and use it as another border.  Or maybe I should just leave it as is.

And then I starting thinking - well, remembering that Minky is so nice on the back of a quilt.  And you know, then I wouldn't even need to quilt it.  So I'm sort of stalled.  To quilt or not to quilt; to enlarge or not to enlarge; to minky or not to minky.

I'm just like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz ... If I only had a brain....

then maybe I could make up my mind.

Happy Stitching,
Linda

Linky up with Judy's Design Wall Monday

2 comments:

  1. Haha! You are so funny! I can just imagine this conversation going on in your head.

    I've heard Minkee is tough to quilt with. Have you used it before? I've only had my longarmer put it on for me. Never braved it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just typed in a long comment, and it disappeared! I was thinking of using Minky on the back of the baby quilt that I'm making, so I did some research online today. I think I'll stick with good old fashioned cotton. As for the size, how big is it? And how do you think she'll want to use it? I think it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete