Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Found that Sewing Room...SHRR, 4 Patch Posie



I found my sewing room again!  And I finally finished the triangles for the Stay at Home Round Robin.  (I wouldn't blame Sunny if she thought I had quit on her - it took me so long to get to this point!)  I had so much trouble with this - first I cut my triangles too big, then too small, then bought more fabric - then decided to cut down the center.  Whew!!  You would think this was hard but it's not.  It's just one of those times when the brain is not working right.  When I completed it I remember the triangles should only be 3 inches!  Yikes!!  What's wrong with me??  Thank goodness Sunny's not the quilt police! 


Okay - on to the next project.  After Thanksgiving and all that traveling and yummy food, I just wanted to do simple sewing.  


I pulled out my 4 patch posies quilt.  




 Don't you just love this fabric?  For this I had to find the repeat (in this case, 12 inches) then cut 4 strips, pin through all 4 pieces in exactly the same spot to get them lined up exact and keep them steady.  Then cut 3 1/2 inch squares.  


It didn't take long to get a nice little pile of 4 patches. 




Each 4 patch is completely different.  It's fun to see the different designs.  



Some are more spectacular than others - but all are pretty neat.


And all so fun and simple to make.  I love them!




I can't wait to get back to making more of these!


Merry Christmas, 
Linda

8 comments:

  1. Your four patch posies are adorable!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the four patch posies. What a great idea. Your SAHR is looking good. The three inches was merely a guideline, not an unbreakable law. LOL! I'm not coming out to measure it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, just like a kaidescope. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 4 path posies quilt blocks. They are turning out really great with the fussy cutting! Your SAHR is looking good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 4 patch posie blocks! They are addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The SHRR is fantastic! The 4 patch blocks look brilliant too! The fussy cutting really makes them look so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thoes four patch posie blocks are wonderful! That is really fun fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at those awesome blocks! I'm going to start a stack and whack in January. Can't wait to try it. your fabric really gave you great blocks!

    I have to go to bed now and will catch up more in the morning. Sorry I've been away so long. Having a hard time. Missed you a lot!

    ReplyDelete