Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Gifts and Sewing

I really don't know what's up with me and Christmas gifts this year. I just don't know what to buy!   As my daughter would say "FAIL".


However, there's no way I'll let that "fail" discourage me.  It's to the sewing machine for a rescue.  




I ran to Walmart and bought some cute fabric and zippers.  Dog Under My Desk has the coolest free tutorial on an earbud pouch.   


Circle Zip Earbud Pouch from Dog Under My Desk 
You'll want to see her other cool things; check out her website and blog. Oh, I do want to say that Erin (Dog Under My Desk) also has a Etsy shop where she sells these and other products. 


One of the gals commented on Erin's site that it took her only 20 minutes to sew this up.  Well, it took me 20 minutes just to fussy cut mine out!!  LOL!!  And another hour to sew it but that did include hiding it as my daughter kept walking through the house. 






I even fussy cut a little surprise dinosaur for inside the pouch. 


Merry Christmas!
Linda

11 comments:

  1. Love that fabric. I don't think our Walmart has fabric. I love that little pouch for the ear buds. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I was logged in on another account so I deleted the previous comment.

    I have seen this tutorial before and have even bookmarked it. I'd love to make a few of these but my sewing time has been very restricted the last few weeks. Next week is looking better though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea, great fabric. Have to check that site out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! You did an amazing job fussy cutting that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Linda, that is so cute!! She will surely LOVE it! You definitely saved yourself from a "fail". lol I am having a hard time knowing what to give people this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous pouch! So simple but just gorgeous... I love the dinosaurs too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are brilliant. I specially love the dinosaur inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous little purse... Your daughter will love it..
    It takes so much longer to make something when you have to keep hiding it doesn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute! I love that idea! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that is SO CUTE!!! What a great idea! I've already put my sewing machine away, or I'd be tempted to whip up a couple of these for my boys. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Cute Cute Cute! This is definitely on my list of gifts for the coming year! Nice work...

    ReplyDelete