Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

A Great Day with a bit of Sewing thrown in

I did get Veteran's Day off yesterday.  I had the idea that I would spend the whole day sewing.  And of course that is NOT what happened.  I spent some of it sewing. Every chance I could I was at the sewing machine -but I had a lot of interrupts, like lunch out with my daughter and then her coming back to my house with the grand kids, and going shopping at Goodwill with them and my youngest daughter.

Why can't I figure out it takes me twice the time I think it will to sew something up?  I always think I'm going to get a lot more done than I actually do - what's up with that? I know how long it take to do housework, how long it takes to cook - why can't I figure out how long it takes to sew? 

One reason is because I don't watch the clock at all when I'm sewing.  It's me time and relax time. 

I will say that I had a great time yesterday.  My youngest daughter insisted that she wanted some 80's style sweaters to wear to school.  She tried one on, oh my gosh it was so 80's!!  She may look cute - but it's so 80's!!!  I thought I had a good idea, instead of saying no - I made her show her dad.  She went out of the dressing room and showed him and he yelled "You look so cute!!!"  Oh dear - that's not what I thought would happen - but doesn't she realize that if he dad thinks it cute she shouldn't wear it??  We came home with 3 of those sweaters.  LOL!!  The yokes on me!!! 

Linda

2 comments:

  1. So your reverse psychology backfired? Oh well, at least 80's sweaters from Goodwill are cheaper than Designer sweaters from today. Glad you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I probably had several of them that I could have given to her a few years ago when I cleaned out the sweaters! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete