Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

So Many Good Things

One of the good things to happen to me is receiving this:

From Mama Pea.   Thank you so much Mama Pea!!  She has an interesting blog.  Please go check it out. You just have to see the cutest little HHalloween bags she's made. It' Oct. 28's post. She always has something of interest going on over there.  Besides with a name like Mama Pea how can you resist? 

Another good thing to happen to me is:


I'm the winner of this Aurifil Thread Pack from Pat Sloan! I'm really excited about this too because I want to use a better grade of thread.  I think for applique and for Free Motion Quilting it will make a difference.  Thank you Pat!!  Pat's been blogging about UFO busting tips.  (Good tips!)  I really want to get in there and do this UFO thing with Pat.  But I just haven't had time.  Which is why UFO get started in the first place! 

And finally my last good thing is I went away on vacation with my two sisters and my two daughters.  We went to Monterey, Calif.   We laughed and shopped, laughed and ate, laughed and played games.  It was GREAT.  Just the thing for reconnecting with family.  The only problem is I can't get my cell phone camera to upload any of the pictures!  How terrible! 

Monterey, Calif.  Just not one of the pictures I took.

And lastly last - which as you can see comes after last, I've been working and I do mean working since I stayed up until midnight last night on quilting my tablecloth.  I'm 3/4 of the way done!  Can you believe it?  My goal is to finish it this weekend.  I'll post pictures of it later.

So those are all the good things that I have to tell for now.  What about you - what good things do you have to tell?


5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. Gee, thanks so much. I really enjoy your blog as well! Thanks for making my day! You are going to LOVE Aurifil thread if you haven't used it before. I tried it because I saw it in a shop in Rochester, MN once when visiting my brother- and sister-in-law. It was pretty expensive, but the shop owner told me what a nice thread it was. I bought one spool and have been hooked on it ever since! My accuracy in piecing immediately improved. I think it's because the thread is a lighter weight thread (at least the one I use) and doesn't take up as much space in the seam allowance. Man, your trip to Monterey sounds fantastic. You're making me ache for warm weather and beaches, and winter hasn't even started yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vacation sounds like it was a great time. Girl's getaways are the best.

    I have 3 projects almost done - 1 is a Halloween Runner so I need to finish that binding now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are just full of good things! I haven't tried the Aurifil yet, but I keep hearing that it's amazing. I might have to order some online, haven't seen it locally. I plan to start playing with some hexies, and I got a new book on embroidery stitches. I need to quit my job so I can stay home and play all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win! I love Auriful thread!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete