Pages

Monday, October 21, 2019

Chaos in the Sewing Room

Remember that guy I married, Bruce?  Yeah him.  Did you know that he comes up with some dosey of ideas?  Like the idea of switching my sewing and guest room.  Oh that sounds great at first!
But when you consider my sewing room is not just a sewing room, but another guest room, exercise, kid play room and over all junk room it would be a lot of  work.  
 Oh you know the story: I've been accumulating things for 15 - 20 years. 
Let's get real, more like 25 - 30 years.
 In fact my sewing room is soooo bad I haven't used it as a sewing room in over 10 years.  AND it has even spilled over into the garage and my bedroom.
So I went and got a box and started sorting. 
 Then Mr. "Good Idea" came up with another one. 
Let's get new carpet!  Yeah, he's right.  We do need new carpet.
 So that's what I've been doing the past couple weeks. Sorting, packing, tossing and giving away stuff. And it's starting to clear out. 
 Carpet will be laid down this Friday and my whole house is getting a bare look about it.  I've been going through ALL the drawers and cupboards. 

I'll have some after pictures soon.

Happy Stitching,
Linda






4 comments:

  1. Daunting task but it feels so good once it's done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If have done some of that cleaning out over the past two years. For me, I go through stuff, then go through it again a couple of times. You'd be surprised what you are willing to give up on the 2nd and 3rd time through, lol. New carpet made me SO happy last year.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a huge job but sure will be worth it when alls done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All genius ideas seem to involve a big clear out. I'm sure it will be worth it when done, and I bet you are finding some forgotten treasures? x

    ReplyDelete