Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2019

The Wedding

As you know we took a trip to Colorado for my daughter's wedding.
Honestly, I'm wowed over what a beautiful bride she is.
I'm so pleased with whom she has chosen to marry. They are so liked minded - both so calm and serene, hard working and with a heart for missionary work. He is just the best, and now I have a new son! 
This is the easiest way to get a another son! Hahaha
She wore a 65 year old dress.  It has been handed down from mother in law to daughter in law 3 times now.  How sweet and wonderful is that?

The lace is so old on this dress and rips so easily that she had to have another for the reception. You know, to dance in and enjoy the party in.  Which is currently all the rage - if you watch say Yes to the Dress.   
They got married outside on top a mountain.  I mean ON TOP THE MOUNTAIN.  We had to drive up a winding dirt road. 
It was so beautiful up there. And there were wild flowers EVERYWHERE.  



Steven walked both me and his mother down the aisle. Right before we walked down, she told me that she did not have time to do her hair. I looked and saw it was still wet.  Now the thing I know about her is that she gets distracted and needs helpful hints to keep on a time schedule, i.e. nagging.  Hahaha. You just have to love someone like that! Her son is getting married - and she didn't get her hair done in time.  I actually do love her, she is one of my favorite persons.  God has made each one of us so unique. 
Serena being such a dear heart asked Bruce to walk her down the aisle. He was so proud to do so.  He does consider her his daughter, even though we have only been married 1 1/2 years.  
During the wedding rehearsal I was crying my eyes out because Mark was not here to walk his daughter down the aisle.  However, there was a healing moment for me when I realized this is not by chance, the people at the wedding were the ones God wanted there. I do trust in God's wisdom and His design. 

 Oh course there are always little funny things that happen at a wedding, and as soon as Bruce handed her off to the groom and to his seat, she called him back and stole his silk pocket hankie as she was having trouble holding back her tears of joy.

Another thing that happened was - I accidentally took my dog to the wedding.  (Like how would one accidentally take a dog to a wedding?) I do not think dogs should be at a wedding.  Well, maybe if the dogs are getting married.  Hahaha.  But we didn't have a place to leave little Marzipan except for in the truck in the heat. I was hoping to find someplace or somewhere safe but couldn't - and she ended up in attendance. 

At least she had the good sense to dress for the occasion.
She also attended the reception.  Good thing she is such a good dog. AND good thing my daughter and new son are easy going - they didn't mind.  



On the morning of the wedding 
the bride and groom met without seeing each other
by keeping the building between them.

 They talked a bit and prayed together. Awww - it was so sweet. 

So now my little girl is off and married, having her own life.  I'm so happy for her.  

There is one more thing to tell you about and that is this yellow truck that we borrowed from Steven's parents.  OH MY GOSH!  It's old, it's a stick, the brakes were not good, the seat belt was torn and barely hanging in there and it had not been used in a year!  And I LOVED it.
Of course it stalled out on me soooo many times.  

My daughter, Rosanna, was taking a picture of the deer in this photo - do you see him?  Rosanna laughing told me she was taking a picture of me stalling out.  Which I did three times before I could get it moving. 

 This yellow truck had been used by every member in Steven's family - so when each one saw the truck anywhere up on those winding roads, they would come over and introduce themselves knowing we were part of the family. It really does stand out.  

So now, let's get back to sewing,
Linda





12 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your Daughter and to your family on a wonderful celebration. Beautiful to have worn such a special dress. And such a beautiful place xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the lovely young couple. A beautiful dress and the setting was amazing.
    Sounds like a fun ride in the yellow truck. Yes I see the deer.
    Thank you for sharing the special day with us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Such a beautiful dress and lovely photographs. A very special occasion. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos of a most beautiful day in your family's life. How beautiful your daughter looked in the vintage dress and how handsome and happy your son-in-law looks. I must say you looked beautiful, Linda, in that stunning blue dress. So many precious memories for you all on this most beautiful of days. I did smile at the photo of your sweet pup sitting ever so well behaved at the table....so very sweet. Thank you so much for sharing these forever moments with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding dress is amazing, as is your beautiful daughter. LOL on accidentally taking your dog to the wedding. I"m accidentally taking our dogs on vacation with us next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful wedding! Looks like a perfect day. =) May they continue to seek Christ and glorify Him in their marrage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda wow what amazing pics and your daughter makes a stunning bride and the wedding dress is the icing on the cake.congrats to the happy couple xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to your family - such beautiful photos and it sounds like it was a wonderful wedding. Hehe I'm still smiling about you 'accidentally' taking your dog to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your daughter and her new hubby!!! Oh it brought tears to my eyes to see Bruce walking her down the aisle, how precious - and you know her daddy is always in her heart. That dress is almost as beautiful as your daughter. I had to laugh about the yellow truck - love trucks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, your baby girl is married!! How exciting. Tonight is my night to read blogs, and I'm having problems. I think I'll give up on everyone but you, Di, and Maria.

    ReplyDelete