Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Doing Things the Turtle Way

I feel like I'm moving like a turtle with my Hawaiian Turtles - slowly!  And if that's not bad enough, my sewing machine needs fixing - again - before I can use it to machine applique the waves and turtles on. 

I've applied Heat and Bond to the turtles and cut them out.  This is the easiest way to do machine applique - in my opinion.  

I promised myself I would work on my bird cross stitch everyday, even if it's only a few stitches.  I've made it one week! 

There was one finish for this week;
Violet made her own bag.  
I love the chevron print she used for the pocket and the strap.  
Violet and her purse 4/18/15
All and all, it was a good week for sewing fun.  I hope to have my machine back tomorrow.

Happy Stitching!
Linda

Linking up with Freshy Pieced

3 comments:

  1. What adorable turtles. I love your fabric choice for them, it's just perfect. I see that you too have a little sewer. I had my son stitching with me this week, and he too has finished a bag. It's lovely to see the little ones getting creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your turtles! And I LOVE your new header photo!! Keep stitching away - I want to see the finished project. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, for some reason your comment on my blog didn't come through my email - and I have no idea why! So I'm thanking you for your comment here. And oh my gosh how I LOVE your Hawaiian quilt - I really think fusible is smart, I have a few patterns like this that I've put off because I wasn't sure how I wanted to do them. I'm going to follow your example. I hope your machine is fixed soon! Violet did a beautiful job on her new bag, what a doll she is!

    ReplyDelete