Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

My Finish!!

I was going to post yesterday that after 4 broken needles and 100 broken threads later I was finished quilting my sister's birthday gift, but I fell asleep!! 

Tuesday I stayed home from my Sewful Sister's meeting got the backing sewn, the quilt pinned and the fountain quilting done.  Wednesday night I did all the free motion quilting. (That part is always fun - except for the needles and thread breaking. Finally got the problem fixed on the last triangle.)


I also quilted her name "Cindy" in green.

And then....instead of going to bed, I stayed up a bit longer and made up the binding.  I love doing the binding so easy and relaxing.  I had a big surprise.  I bought this as a kit and I thought the binding was pink.  I found out it is purple.  On dear - the border and the binding matched. (It was late, so I decide to worry about that later.)


In order to get this quilt finished in time I decided to sew the binding onto the back and then flip it to the front and use a decorative stitch.  Yea Mama!! This turned out so nice. I used light green on top and gold on the bottom and that gave my binding some excitement!  I was happy in the end not to have the pink - as the purple made me be more creative, giving the quilt more pizazz and the purple makes the backing fabric pop. 


All I need to do now is wrap it up! I'm also so happy to have this UFO done for the March UFO Challenge and Kelly's Charming Girls Club March Goals.


 

3 comments:

  1. Your sister will just love it, makes me think that spring is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beauty! Your sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is SOOOOO beautiful! Way to go! What a great way to finish up that binding. It looks just great. The perfect finish! Nice going!

    ReplyDelete