Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Hunkering Down Pillow

 Oh I'm so glad to see the weeks melting away.


So I have this many until retirement....

Only Nine days of work left.
Only One more Monday Morning to get up and go to work.
and only Two more billing days (We bill each Thursday morning)

 I'll train the new gal
Clean out my office  
Then it is ADIOS!

In the meanwhile, I've been working on my yellow 
 Hunkering Down pillow.
I got quite a few tips from Jordan Fabric's YouTube double ruffle pillow video.


I do not like gathering by hand.  Someday I will buy a gathering foot. (I've been saying this for years!  hahaha)

I thought the corner turned out nice. 
As I was sewing on the ruffle I saw the seam would be right there in the corner! Panic set in .... would I have to undo all that sewing?  But it barely shows.   


So - here the whole thing.  It really was fun to make a pillow. I LOVE this Hunkering Down block.  Thank you Podunk Pretties!  

I plan to put it on my bed - but Bruce took it out to the motor home for our trip. He wants the motor home to be a very "homey" place.  

I really love yellow.  
It is actually the first word I learned to read. But I loved even before then.

 Bruce said he really does too.  Really?   What are the chances of two yellow loving people finding each other?

So now onto the next project.

Happy Stitching,
Linda


   








8 comments:

  1. How exciting your retirement is in just a few days. I used to always hate Monday mornings; loved Fridays afternoons though. =) Your pillow is gorgeous and the gathered frill dancing all around is so pretty. Now that you will be in retirement perhaps you can get that gathered ruffle foot you have always wanted. How sweet of your husband to place this pretty in your motor home. Obviously a man of great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a pretty pillow and think you both love it--that is a win win!!! and only 12 more days to retirement--it will go fast so enjoy these last couple days--then on the last day just skip all the way to your car and sing all the way home!!!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy sunshiny pillow! And I love that your husband has taken it out to the camper.

    Those last few days of work may feel like they are passing slowly but you have a fun trip to look forward to. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pillow is beautiful!! Oh I remember when I counted down to my retirement. That was 7 years ago and I for sure NEVER regretted it.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillow - cushion to me - is lovely. Its called sods law! When I make bias binding for my quilts there is always a thick seamsomewhere on or around at least one corner! counting down with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE yellow! So when are you heading east, and where in Virginia will you be. I'm anxious to put you on my calendar if at all possible. And congrats on your retirement! Best decision you'll ever make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you yellow pillow, it’s so pretty.
    Oh only 6 days now till you retire , Yah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a gorgeous pillow! Congratulations on your retirement - I hope the last few days whizz by for you x

    ReplyDelete